The shortlist for the 2012 Housing Design Awards, which features several East London schemes, has been announced.
There are two parts to the shortlist – completed schemes, and those still in construction or planning.
Completed schemes on the shortlist include:
- LB Hackney’s Bridport House in Hackney designed by Karakusevic Carson Architects
- Bellway Thames Gateway’s City Peninsula Greenwich, designed by RMA Architects and Stock Woolstencroft
- Telford Homes’ Grove House, in Waltham Forest, designed by RMA Architects
- Barratt Homes’ Phase 3, St. Andrews, in Tower Hamlets, designed by Glenn Howells Architects
- Berkeley Homes’ Woodberry Downs KSS1, in Hackney, designed by Rolfe Judd
Project (incomplete) schemes on the shortlist include:
- Greenheath Housing, in Tower Hamlets, designed by Pitman Tozer Architects
- New Festival Quarter, in Tower Hamlets, designed by Stock Woolstencroft
- Barratt’s Waterside Park, in Newham, designed by Allies & Morrison and Maccreanor Lavington
- LB Barking & Dagenham’s William Street Quarter Phase 2, designed by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris and Maccreanor Lavington
The awards are organised with support from the Department for Communities & Local Government, the HCA, the Mayor of London, the Home Bulders Federation, the NHBC, RICS, RIBA and others. They are established and prestigious and have run in one guise or another since 1947.
See the full list of shortlisted schemes.